Pursuant to Article 15 of the Personal Information Protection Act, Kakao Investment Co., Ltd. requires your consent to collect and use your personal information as follows. The information you provide shall not be used for any purpose other than to review your investment.
Article 1 (Purpose of Processing Personal Information)
The Company processes personal information for the following purposes. Personal information processed by us shall not be used for any purpose other than the following purposes, and if the purpose of use is changed, the Company intends to perform all necessary measures such as obtaining separate consent in accordance with Article 18 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
• Purpose of collection and use of personal information: Inquiries and consultation to attract venture investment
• Particulars of personal information to be collected and used: (Required) Name, contact information, email, affiliated company
• Period for retaining and using personal information: 12 months from the date of consent to collection and use
Article 2 (Period of Processing and Retaining Personal Information)
The Company processes and retains personal information within the period for retaining and using personal information under applicable laws and regulations, or the period for retaining and using personal information where separate consent is obtained from each data subject at the time of collection of personal information.
Article 3 (Rights of Users and Legal Representatives, and How to Exercise Such Rights)
(1) A data subject may exercise the following rights relating to personal information protection against the Company at any time:
1. Request for access to personal information;
2. Request for correction of personal information in case of errors, etc.;
3. Request for erasure of personal information; and
4. Request for suspension of processing of personal information.
(2) The exercise of the rights under paragraph (1) may be done by writing, telephone, e-mail, or facsimile transmission (fax) to the Company, and the Company will take necessary measures therefor without delay.
(3) If a data subject requests to correct or erase his or her personal information in case of errors, etc., the Company will not use or provide the relevant personal information until the correction or erasure is completed.
(4) The exercise of rights under paragraph (1) may be done through a legal representative of a data subject or a person delegated by a data subject. In this case, the representative shall submit a power of attorney for the data subject in accordance with Form 11 attached to the Enforcement Rules of the Personal Information Protection Act.
(5) A data subject shall not infringe the personal information and privacy of the data subject or others processed by the Company in violation of all applicable privacy related laws and regulations such as the Personal Information Protection Act.
Article 4 (Particulars of Personal Information to be Processed)
The Company processes the following particulars of personal information:
1. Inquiries and consultations to attract venture investment
Particulars required: Name, contact information, email, company
2. The following particulars of personal information may be automatically generated and collected while using the Internet service.
IP address, cookies, MAC address, service usage history, visit history, bad usage history, etc.
Article 5 (Destruction of Personal Information)
(1) The Company shall destroy personal information without delay when the personal information becomes unnecessary owing to the expiry of the retention period of the personal information.
(2) Notwithstanding the expiration of the retention period consented by a subject of personal information or the achievement of the purpose, in case where the retention of such personal information is mandatory by other laws and regulations, the relevant personal information shall be transferred to a separate database (DB) or retained in a different storage place.
Article 6 (Measures to Ensure Safety of Personal Information)
The Company takes the following measures to ensure the safety of personal information.
1. Administrative measures: formulating and implementing an internal management plan, regular employee training, etc.
2. Technological measures: management of access authority to personal information processing system, etc., installation of access control system, encryption of personally identifiable information, etc., installation of a security program
3. Physical measures: Access control to the computer room, data storage room, etc.
Article 7 (Matters Regarding Installation, Operation, and Rejection of Automatic Personal Information Collection Device)
(1) The Company uses ‘cookies‘ that store and retrieve usage information from time to time in order to provide personalized services to the users.
(2) Cookies are small amounts of information sent to the web browser of a user's computer by the server(http) used to operate the website and are also stored in the hard disk within the user's computer.
B. Installation, operation, and rejection of cookies: it is possible to reject the storage of cookies by selecting the option in the menu, Tools > Internet Options > Options > Personal Information at the top of the web browser.
C. If the storage of cookies is refused, there may be difficulties in using the customized services.
Article 8 (Privacy Protection Officer)
(1) The Company has general supervision and control of the work regarding personal information processing and designates a privacy protection officer in order to handle complaints and remedial compensation for a data subject in relation to personal information processing as follows.
▶ Privacy Protection Officer
Name: Park, JooHyung
Position: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Contact information : firstname.lastname@example.org
※ Department responsible for privacy protection will be connected.
▶ Department responsible for privacy protection
Department : Business Support Division
Person in charge : Park, HyungMin
Contact information : email@example.com
(2) A data subject may contact the privacy protection officer and the department responsible for privacy protection for matters concerning all inquiries, complaint handling, and remedial compensation in relation to personal information protection incurred while using the Company's service (or business). The Company will, without delay, respond to and process inquiries from the data subject.
Article 9 (Request for Access to Personal Information)
A data subject may request access to personal information in accordance with Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act to the following help desk: The Company will endeavor to expedite the request for access to the personal information of the data subject.
▶ Help desk for receiving and processing the request for access to personal information
Department: Business Support Division
Person in charge: Park, HyungMin
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 10 (Methods of Remedies for Infringement of Rights)
A data subject may inquire about remedial compensation, consultation, etc. for infringement of personal information to the following organizations.
▶ Personal Information Infringement Report Center (operated by Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- Duties: Reporting of personal information infringement, Application for consultation
- Website: privacy.kisa.or.kr
- Tel.: (without dialing an area code) 118
- Address: Personal Information Infringement Report Center ,3F, 9, Jinheung-gil, Naju-si, Jeollanam-do, Republic of Korea (zip code: 58324)
▶ Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee
- Duties: Application for personal information dispute mediation, Collective dispute mediation (civil resolution)
- Website: www.kopico.go.kr
- Tel.: (without dialing an area code) 1833-6972
- Address: 4F, Government Complex-Seoul, 209, Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (zip code: 03171)
▶ Cybercrime Investigation Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office: +82-2-3480-3573 (http://www.spo.go.kr)
▶ Cyber Bureau, National Police Agency: 182 (without dialing an area code) (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr)